Last post for today, and if you haven’t noticed, I try to post two topics a day. Anyway, I want to discuss encouraging others to post their stories online.
A reader of mine, who is a wonderful person and very sweet, commented that I encouraged her to post her stories online. Reading her comment filled me with so much joy. Sometimes I wonder why I’m here, alive on this earth. Maybe my purpose is to encourage others to write, to share their beautiful works with the world. Or maybe, I’m supposed to write a best-seller no one knows about yet. I’m just kidding, but seriously, if you are novice writer and want to post your stories online, do it. Just expect the following:
- At first, your stories will suck, they just will. Good writing takes time, so don’t get discouraged.
- You are going to compare yourself to others, it happens.
- Don’t be scared of feedback. More than likely, it will be positive and negative. Again, it happens.
- Somebody may insult your writing. If it happens, move on, don’t worry about a few people who don’t like your work.
- Keep writing. Some feedback will hurt. You’ll want to cry, delete your stories and disappear from the writing site you’re on, but keep going. Don’t let a few negative people stop you from doing what you love.
That’s it for today, everyone! Time to sleep and dream of more Assan =)
I do hope everyone is enjoying my blog. If you ever need writing advice, please feel free to contact me using the form!