First, for those who don’t know, the Liebster Award is an online award given to new bloggers or those with less than 200 followers. It’s a way of promoting your own blog, other people’s blogs, and support the blogging community.
This morning, I woke up with a wonderful surprise in my inbox. I was nominated for a Liebster Award by the wonderful Ellie at Ellie Holmes https://ellieholmesauthor.wordpress.com. Ellie describes herself as a “commercial women’s novelist, expert juggler, and occasional lion tamer.
I stumbled upon her blog when I was looking for posts in Reader tagged ‘writing’. I was instantly drawn to her blog when I saw her post regarding her book “The Flower Seller.” When I’m looking through blogs, I’m always on the search for new writers I can connect with, especially those who have published. It’s a lot of work to a publish a book, so I knew right away Ellie’s blog was one I needed to read. As I went through her blog, I read all the encouraging post about being a writer, and why you shouldn’t give up on your dreams. If you are a writer, and even if you are not a writer, you can benefit from reading Ellie’s blog =) We all need a dose of encouragement, so let her blog be your medicine.
The Liebster Award rules for 2016:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. Images you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award can be found at http://theglobalaussie.com/the-official-rules-of-the-liebster-award-2016/ .
- List these rules in your post.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
- Give 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for your own nominees to answer.
- Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
My Answers to Ellie’s Questions:
- Why did you decide to start your blog?
I used to write on a website called Wattpad (story sharing site), but after dealing with some issues on there, I wanted a better place to post my stories. I also felt it was time for me to get a little more professional with my author platform, so I decided to a create a WordPress site. I never blogged before, well, besides Live Journal, so I was excited about the new experience. As I started using my blog, I was encouraged to keep writing because of the support from my readers. Also, I met so many awesome writers here; I couldn’t help but want to encourage others to write too.
Here are the stories on my WordPress site:
2. What is the hardest thing about maintaining a blog?
Remembering to post every day and finding good topics to write about.
3. What’s the best thing about blogging?
Getting my feelings out and finding other people who feel the same as me. Often times, we feel we’re alone in life, but blogging has helped me to reach others and build a support group. I also like sharing my love of writing with others.
4.What are your top tips for someone just starting a blog?
Write, write and write some more. Pick a topic and just go with it. Also, take the time to read and comment on other bloggers post. It’s a great way to meet people and share your interest.
5.What’s the best piece of advice you have ever been given and did you follow it?
Follow your dreams, and don’t give up, keep going. When I was younger, I didn’t believe in this advice. I thought you always had to do things a certain way, but now since I’m older, I know you need to do what makes you happy. You need to keep reaching for the stars, because thinking of “What could have happened?” will drive you insane.
6. What are you passionate about?
Writing, traveling, reading, studying the paranormal, swimming, drawing, and enjoying life. Every day should be a new adventureHow would you spend a ‘perfect’ day?
7. How would you spend a ‘perfect’ day?
My perfect day would be spent seeing a new place, trying new foods, and then ending it at the beach with a good book. Adventure, a good book, and R&R all in the same day =)
8. Do you ever suffer with writer’s block and if you do, how do you get over it?
Yes, I do, a lot. When I have writer’s block, I’ll take a break from writing. I’ll usually listen to music while reading a book, watch anime, or free writing. After I’ve done one, or two of those things, I’m inspired to write again.
9. Who is/are your favourite author(s)?
- Victoria Aveyard
- Diana Gabaldon
- Stephen King
- George R R Martin
- Marissa Meyer
- Annie Rice
There is more, but I won’t list them all.
10. Where do you hope to be in five years’ time?
I hope to be a published author, have a house on the beach, and spend my time drawing and creating new worlds with my stories. If I somehow can make a living from writing, I would be insanely happy. Oh! And I also want to travel. My goal is to visit every country I can.
11. What’s your favourite waste of time?
Watching anime and playing a good RPG. If I can get caught up in a good story, it’s all worth it.
Ten Random Facts About Me:
- I’ve been told normal things don’t make me happy. Once I told someone I don’t care about having a house and kids, they looked at me confused. I want an adventure, darn it!
- I love the paranormal! My goal one day is to open up my own investigation group. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’m strong enough to expel demons or dark spirits right now
- I like to exercise, but I don’t like gyms.
- I enjoy being alone, it helps me daydream about my next book
- Listening to music is amazing! I could spend all day listening to movie soundtracks, video game, and anime music.
- I have a sweet tooth, I need something sweet at least every 1-2 days
- I like watching cartoons, it’s bad.
- I wish I had wings so I could fly
- I was raised as a Jehovah Witness, but I don’t follow it today.
- I do mermaiding. Yes, I swim around in a mermaid’s tail, go figure lol
I wanted to add more people, but I couldn’t see everyone’s followers =(
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- What is the main topic of your blog?
- What are your goals and aspirations?
- What would you like to be doing five years from now?
- What was the happiest moment of your life?
- How do you feel about the future?
- What advice would you give to other bloggers?
- What are you passionate about?
- What are some of your hobbies?
- If you could have one thing, what would it be?
- What is the best way to spend your day?
I would like to thank Ellie again for nominating me!!!!