I’m back! Sorry, I didn’t tell you, but I went back to the east coast to visit my family.
It was cold, too cold, but the visit was nice. Going home put many things in perspective for me. Mostly, time is always moving, waiting for no one. Everyone is getting older, and like most people in their 20s, they are learning about the “real world.”
Overall, I won’t say 2016 was a bad year, but it wasn’t a great year. By this time, I wanted to be further in my writing process. Maybe not published, but I at least wanted a few rejection letters. The letters would have displayed I tried to publish. Also, I learned a lot this year, and I feel like my writing has improved. For 2016, I will say what I accomplished and what I didn’t:
- I finally left Wattpad – I know this doesn’t seem like a big deal, but I was on that site for almost three years. I made a few friends there and got over 1M reads on my poorly written fanfiction. For me, it was supposed to be my writing hub, but after seeing how the business treated their writers, I was done. Needless to say, I left and hope to never go back.
- Clash of Tides is almost complete – I would like to say Clash of Tides is finished, but it’s not. However, I am only about 10 chapters away from the end. That is an accomplishment in itself. It will be the first full-length, original novel I’ve ever completed. Despite its issues, I love the characters and world I created. If I really wanted, I could get the story done before the end of the year, but I don’t want to rush it^^
- I changed jobs – I won’t go into detail about that one.
- Acceptance – As writers, I feel it’s important to accept we won’t write the perfect story. That it’s ok to make mistakes, and lastly, that only YOU will truly love your work. It took a long time for me to feel this way, and I urge all writers to get there.
- My blog – If you read this blog, then you know the story. I have 920 followers now – I’m in awe.
There’s more, butI don’t want to list everything out. 🙂
What I didn’t accomplish and 2017 goals:
- Writers Conference – I wanted to go this year, but money, as always, was a problem. However, next year I’ll be attending my first conference. It’s about time.
- Finish and publish Love for an Angel – I’ve decided to not only finish Love for an Angel next year but also self-publish it. I wanted to complete it this year, but I need more time to craft the world I want.
- Creative Writing Certificate and Technical Writing Certificate – I want to get my second creative writing certificate and my technical writing one. This will be a huge accomplishment.
- 9/Nine Realms – My goal is to finish 9/Nine Realms in six months. I want to submit this story for publication.
- Submit Short Stories for Publication – You read that correctly! Next year, I plan to submit some short stories for publication. My goal is to be a published writer before 2018. We’ll see what happens^^ Wish me luck =)
- Improve as a writer – I want to keep improving, and be the best writer I can be.
What did you accomplish this year for your writing, and what are your goals for next year?
Please share with us!
Did you miss me? :3